The Ambon to Sorong cruise is special because it takes in two magnificent regions in the one cruise. Beginning in Ambon we head first to the Banda Islands (original Spice Islands) before rounding the east coast of Seram and rejoining the south and central sections of Raja Ampat. The Banda Islands will offer the opportunity for some pelagic action, hopefully hammerheads too, before diving arguably one of the best dive locations worldwide, South Raja Ampat.
This cruise will take in the Banda Islands plus the Southern and Central sections of Raja Ampat.
Dive Spots at a Glance:
- Banda Islands: Pohon Miring, Batu Kapal, Batu Kapal Pinnacle, Banda Neira Jetty and Lava Flow
- Banda Land Visits: On this cruise we visit Banda Neira to see the nutmeg plantation, historic forts and small Maritime Museum. A half a day excursion
Raja Ampat Southern Section - dives including
- Daram Area: Andiamo, Candy Store, Wet Dream and Two Tree
- Wayilbatan Area: Wedding Cake, Barracuda, Dunia Kecil and Four Kings
- Fiabacet Area: Boo Windows, Tank Rock, Nudi Rock, Shadow Reef and Whale Rock
- Pele Area: Pele Playground, Netted Corner, Kaleidoscope and Tobblerone
Raja Ampat Central Section - dives including
- Gam: Mayhem, Dalam and Citrus Ridge
- Penemu: Barracuda Point, My Reef, Melisa's Garden and Galaxy
- Arborek: Arborek Jetty, Manta Sandy and Lolasi
- Cape Kri Area: Cape Kri, Chicken Reef, Sardine Reef, Blue Magic, Mioskon and Mike's Point
Please note: Due to weather and diving conditions, it's not always possible to visit each dive spot. Your Cruise Director will decide the best ones to visit at the time of diving. GOSEA requires that you have 30 logged dives to join this trip. If you are an Open Water Diver, some dives are below 18m therefore we recommend having advanced experience or taking your PADI Advanced Open Water course on board to maximise your enjoyment from the trip. All diving is made from zodiacs to give precise entry and exit points. Currents can vary from really gentle in Raja Ampat to extremely strong in the Banda Sea. Inexperienced and beginner divers may find some dives challenging and may be asked by the Cruise Director to skip dives that are not suitable for their diving experience.